On Sunday night’s American Music Awards, some of our favorite stars hit the red carpet sporting the most unusual styles. From fabulous fuchsia-colored hair, to electric lip colors to bold blushes, A-listers like Katy Perry, Jennifer Hudson and Selena Gomez managed to make the outrageous look outstanding.
With the party season picking up, we broke down these sassy statements so you can become a makeup prodigy just like our favorite musical masterminds.
Check out our beauty tips and products:
Flawless Face: Prep your canvas for a healthy, smooth foundation.
1. Start with an exfoliating cleanser like St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigoration Apricot Scrub ($3.99) to buff away dead skin cells and reveal a glowing complexion.
2. Next, apply a radiance-boosting moisturizer like Lumene Vitamin C+ Pure Radiance Day Cream SPF 15 ($21.99) which contains the natural antioxidant, Arctic cloudberry seed oil, to brighten and fortify skin.
3. After skin care prep, use an even sheer base that leaves a hint of shimmer with Laura Mercier’s new Foundation Primer in Radiance ($30) before adding your foundation or a tinted moisturizer.
4. To get perfect coverage without a cakey finish, try Nuance Salma Hayek Flawless Wear Tinted Moisturizer ($10.49).
Eyes: Create sexy, smoldering eyes with a great liner and mascara.
1. Try lining the top and bottom lash line with Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil ($20)
2. Use mark Lash All You Want High-Volume Mascara ($10) on top and bottom lashes for a bold look.
3. Add a bit of romance to the eyes with shimmery shadows, like Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colors ($25) or Laura Mercier’s limited edition Moonlight Collection.
Lips: This season it's all about the lips.
1. Try the bold lip look at home with Nuance Salma Hayek Color Vibrance Lipstick in Passion Pink ($7.49),
2. For a richer pout try mark Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Cha Cha ($10).
3. Don’t forget to prep lips before with a hydrating lip balm, like Nuance Salma Hayek Hydrating Balm Rose Petal ($7.29)!
Post a Comment