If you’re like us, you obsess over the spa-like benefits of the sea. Now, H2OPlus – the brand that harnesses the power of marine life to deliver innovative and dynamic beauty products – is delivering new ways to unwind and relax with two indulgent new scents.
As a lover of all things lavender, we were excited to try the new Spa Sea Lavender collection. Our hearts fluttered at first sniff, but we wanted to see if the skin care benefits could really transform our skin and senses. The active ingredients are extracts, derived from a flowering marine plant found in saline soil along the Mediterranean Sea side. After a day of testing, we found that the sent was still detectable and our skin was noticeably smoother. The new, paraben-free collection includes a trio products: body wash, skin smoother, and body lotion. Together, they are the perfect trifecta to keep skin scented and nourished throughout the day.
For those who prefer the comforting notes of jasmine, Citrus and spiced vanilla, then you will love the Spa Sea Amber collection. They deliver similar skin care benefits but presents with a warm relaxing sent.
For beauty-lovers-on-the-go, you can scoop up these decadent products in adorable travel sizes for your next trip.
For more information on this and other H2O plus products, visit H2Oplus.com
Inspiration: The re-birth of spring: Contemporary, modern, soft, feminine, natural- looking undone waves.
Get The Look/Steps:
- Prep damp hair with mousse from roots to ends for body and texture
- Blow dry using a round boar bristle brush
- Section hair and secure with bobby pins
- Spray Major Body 3-In-1 Volumizing Spray on random big sections and curl strands with a medium 1 ¼ or 1” barrell curling iron in a downward direction to create loose, lived in waves
- Brush out curls using a flat boar bristle brush to soften and blend the look
- Spray Major Body 3-In-1 Volumizing Spray to set the look and keep it in place
- Mist Sally Hershberger Hyper Hydration Spray Serum with Smart Keratin to smooth and add glossy shine to complete the look
In keeping with our promise to deliver up to the minute behinds the scenes beauty, check out the savvy stylings at Trina Turk.
GET THE LOOK: HAIR & SKIN
Lead Hair Stylist: Esther Langham for beauty.com using PHYTO & T3 Tools
Inspiration: A girl going to a flower market in California with healthy, fresh ease.
1. Apply PHYTO Professional Intense Volume Mousse on wet hair and work back into the roots. Then apply the PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray from the middle of the hair down to the tips
2. Section the hair off at the nape of the neck and using a medium round brush from T3, blow dry the hair back with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i
3. Once each section is dry, set the hair by pinning it up. This will also help keep volume in the hair. The goal is to achieve volume, smoothness and bounce (using the T3 SinglePass Straightening & Styling Iron for wavy or curly hair).
4. After taking the clips out, finishing the look b y applying Phyto Professional Glossing Cream onto the roots and the PHYTO Phytolisse Ultra-Glossing Finishing Serum through the hair to the ends.
5. Part the hair in the center and carefully secure a wide hair band at the crown.
6. Finish with PHYTO PROFESSIONAL Workable Holding Spray to hold in place.
GET THE GLOW: Boots NO7 products were used on the face and body to create the effortless California cache:
Quick Thinking Swipes
Beautiful Skin Vitality Roll-On
Beautiful Skin T Zone Rescue
Beautiful Skin Day Cream
Silky Leg Oil
Intensively Moisturizing Body Serum
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP BY STILA
INSPIRATION: Trina’s collection was inspired by the iconic LA Flower mart, so we chose makeup in a bouquet of colors. The hues are like the petals of a flower, with a soft finish but opaque in color. – Sarah Lucero, Stila’s Global Director of Creative Artistry
Stila stay all day waterproff brow color
Looking for something fun to do in the city? Alexa Chung will be making an appearance at Sephora Union Square next week to launch her new polish collection with Nails inc. Customers who stop by and buy 1 bottle can meet Alexa, take a selfie with her, and receive a free on-site manicure from a Nails inc artist.
For deets, check out the below:
What: Alexa Chung at Sephora to launch her new fabric-inspired polish collection with Nails inc
6:00 – 7:30PM EST
45 E 17th St (entrance at Park Avenue)
Why: Purchasing 1 polish will allow you to meet/take photos with Alexa, and enjoy a free on-site manicure from a Nails inc artist
More about Nails inc Alexa Chung Collection:
Signed as the new face of Nails inc, Alexa Chung has collaborated to create an innovative line of fabric-inspired polishes. With an array of textures and innovative effects, the Alexa Chung Collection is designed to revitalize outfits and create a “party for your hands.”
- Alexa Lace in Red – Red matte particles of different sizes create a delicate lace effect. Best when worn over your favorite nude polish
- Alexa Cashmere in Mink – Gorgeous warming mink shades of matte polish are fused with pure glass pearls to provide a subtle sheen and a luxurious cashmere texture
- Alexa Silk in Black – Smooth and rich shades are complimented by a fine pearl finish which flows through the polish like silk
- Alexa Leather in Black – Cutting-edge technology allows it to dry with a matte, leather texture
- Alexa Sequins in Black & Gold – fine, matte-black particles provide the perfect backdrop for bold, metallic gold glitters to create the effect of a sequin dress
- Alexa Camo – blending a mix of green and nude metallic and matte particles to create an innovative camouflage effect for the nails
- Price: $15, Available at nailsinc.com
This week we are bringing you a series on backstage beauty to keep you up to date on the fashionable happenings during Fashion Week.
We are kicking off this collection with Cutler/Redken Salons for DANNIJO.
Lead Hair Stylist: Rodney Cutler for Cutler/Redken Salon
Inspiration: “I was inspired by the sisters' passion and vision for this Spring/Summer collection and went about creating a hair look that would complement the amazing styling and theme of travel. Similar to the rustic yet picturesque staging of the presentation, the hair brought to life a natural, Mongolian tribal feel with a fishtail that journeyed on to a polished pony.” – Lead Stylist, Rodney Cutler
1. Begin styling with dry, straightened hair.
2. Pull hair back into a sleek ponytail using a fine bristle brush. Secure the hair on the back of the head, so that it is parallel to the middle of the ear. Use a thin elastic to secure.
3. Depending on hair thickness, work a dime to quarter size dollop of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel into the first 4-5 inches of hair below the ponytail.
4. Weave into a tight, smooth fishtail braid. To create a fishtail, separate the hair into two sections and cross small strands over each other, towards the opposite section.
5. After braiding this portion of the hair, secure with an additional hair tie and allow the bottom of the hair to hang.
6. After secured, use a 1-2” flat iron to straighten the unbraided hair for a sleek ponytail.
7. Finish off by spraying Redken Fashion Work 12 – Versatile Working Spray to tackle any flyaways.
New York Fashion Week is a time when the glitterati find themselves sprinting around the city. We are hitting up shows at Lincoln Center to the Meat Packing District, and everywhere in between. You simply cannot show up glistening from a subway shvitz, so check out our survival secrets to arrive at your next show looking impossibly fresh and glamorous.
Begin by washing off all your residual makeup from the previous day. The goal is to dissolve the smudgy mess, and remove impurities without stripping skin of its natural nutrients. We rely on OLEHENRIKSEN pure truth melting cleanser to quickly dissolves stubborn long-wear makeup, while cleansing all impurities, leaving the skin nourish, hydrated and radiant. Add this multi-tasker to your morning and streamline your grooming regimen by 66%.
Onto the eyes, simplify your routine with long-lasting, high-wattage makeup. Start with Jouer Cosmetics Long-Wear Crème Mousse Eyeshadow to make your peepers pop. This antioxidant mousse eyeshadow delivers luxurious shimmer in pigments that won’t budge. Rich in essential marine botanicals to firm eyelids, it instantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
Then, move on to your mascara. Stick to an intensely black, smear-proof mascara for all day wear. We are addicted to Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara because you can apply it in the morning, then trust it will last all day without smudging. Say bye-bye raccoon eyes, and hello luscious, curled, and dramatic lashes.
Last, banish body odor with DOVE Advanced Care With NutriumMoisture Go Fresh Cool Essentials Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. We swipe on before we leave the apartment, then keep a stick in our satchel for a midday reapplication. The watery freshness of cucumber and green tea covers stress sweat, while the DOVE technology eliminates moisture. So skip to the front of the line and don’t sweat the small stuff.
Check back with us during the week for more info about our fashion week coverage.