Anyway, we checked in with celebrity hairstylist, Duffy for Sebastian Professional, to learn how to recreate this cutting edge coif at home. He told us when conceptualizing Scarlett’s structured French rolls, he found inspiration from “silver screen sirens who are strong, sexy, independent women.”
To achieve Scarlett’s 1950’s inspired updo, follow Duffy’s tips:
1. Wash hair with Sebastian Professional Drench Shampoo and Conditioner for heightened moisture and healthy looking style.
2. Towel dry hair and distribute Sebastian Professional Whipped Crème through the lengths of the hair, beginning at the roots and moving towards the ends. Rough dry the hair until the product is completely absorbed.
3. Spritz the hair with Sebastian Professional Potion 9 Lite and use a 1-inch curling iron to curl the entire head, starting at the front. Once the hair has cooled, brush through the waves.
4. Create a side part and separate the hair into four equal sections around the head, starting at the crown and moving downwards. Backcomb each section and spray the roots with Sebastian Professional Shaper Plus to hold in place.
5. Working against the part, twist each section horizontally against the head around both the sides and back, and secure with pins. Allow the wave to show through the front section.
6. Finish with Sebastian Professional Trilliant and clean any loose ends or flyaways.