One of the greatest challenges this time of year (aside from not gaining 10lbs from Christmas cookies), is how to prep for the holiday parties. Instead of scrambling in the last minute, we were determined to find out how to make this an effortless party season. Last week we got to spend some time with Molly Sims at BLOW, the New York blow dry bar, to get her a-list tips on how to dazzle during the most wonderful (and potentially stressful) time of the year.
5 Holiday Party Prep Tips
1. A beauty must-have to give you a confident smile are the REMBRANDT INTENSE STAIN Stain Dissolving Strips. The strips are easy to use on-the-go and dissolve in 5-10 minutes, removing stains from coffee and red wine – two of my vices!
2. No matter which outfit or color palette I’m wearing, it’s fun to accent my look with a bright lip color for the holidays.
3. I am constantly on the go – and who isn’t during the holiday season? A primer can be your best friend, helping to set and protect your makeup during any event. NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN Primer, formulated with antioxidants, helps keep skin looking flawless and more even for up to 8 hours.
4. Experimenting with nail color is a fun, inexpensive way to feel festive. For an exciting evening look, try dark polish with a silver metallic stripe up the middle. Or keep the party nail alive with a festive sparkle polish!
5. For a holiday party, try something new and different with your hair like soft waves, a braided bun or a fishtail braid.