We caught up with Michael Duenas, founder of Hair Room Service and celeb stylist (whose clients include: Dianna Agron, Lea Michelle, and Molly Sims) and asked her to break down this chic and surprisingly damage free style.
According to Duenas, there are many different versions of the bun, tight loose, twisted, puffed out, simple, etc. One of our favorites are the upfront bun (placed at the crown of the head.) This offers a clean slicked look, that will not need maintenance through the day.
To get this look at home, follow these quick tips:
- When your hair is wet, apply amika's Obliphica Oil and let air dry
- If you don't have the time to let air dry, then you can blow smooth or rough dry, with the amika NRG Professional Drying System, no need for a flat iron or curling iron.
- Once your hair is dry, secure your hair into a tight pony, making sure you brush in all the loose hairs, and placement is at your crown
- If you find yourself getting "bagginess" at the nape of your neck, look up towards the ceiling when securing your ponytail, this will make sure it is very tight
- Once in the ponytail, feel free to run a drop of amika's Obliphica Oil over the top and sides of your head, this will add sine, and remove any flyaways.
- Now simply take your ponytail and wrap into a circle until you have a little of the ends remaining and pin!
Post a Comment