Williams stayed true to her aesthetic, but glammed up her style for the occasion. Part retro, part pixie, last night she really dazzled the red carpet and the Hollywood Foreign Press.
Want to recreate the look at home? We checked in with hair stylist Chris McMillan for an inside scoop on Michelle's winning style:
Chris says, “Michelle looks incredible with this short, modern Mia Farrow inspired style. It’s a retro ‘60s combined with Flapper flair type of look that shows there’s still a lot of glamour and versatility with short hair.”
- First, apply Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse to wet hair and then shape hair with hands to air dry naturally in the direction of the style.
- Once dry, use hands and a hair dryer directed at the roots to give extra lift at the crown and body throughout.
- Then apply Wella Professionals Mirror Polish because the shine serum adds a polished finish while smoothing hair into a shape.
- Adding a simple black headband with jeweled brooch gives a modern spin to this retro look.
- Push bangs over to the side where the jewel is positioned for a heavy fringe effect.
- Spray Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to smooth hair down and give hold throughout the night.