When we first saw Claire Danes on the red carpet, we were skeptical of her reptile like dress (and husband stealing behaviors - what can we say, we love Mary Louise Parker!) – but no criticisms could be made about her flawless face.
After dominating the Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series (Drama), we could not deny that she was one of our favorite faces of the night.
We checked in with her beloved makeup artist Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director and Brand Ambassador for Laura Mercier, to learn how he created the winning red carpet look. He went for a modern take on classic Old Hollywood Glamour.
GET THE LOOK:
- To ensure she looked flawless throughout the evening - from her early afternoon red carpet arrival to post-show after-parties, Matin prepped Claire’s face using the iconic Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, $30.
- Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Sunny Beige, $50, evened out her skin tone.
- Matin then lightly applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, $38, to Claire’s cheekbones to enhance her natural glow.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3, $28, brightened darker tones under Claire’s eyes.
- The look was set with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, $34, a universal loose powder that creates a soft-focus effect on-camera.
- Claire’s vibrant, statement-making red lips were created with several layers of Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Seduction, $22.
- Matin used Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony, $22, to line Claire’s upper and lower rims, and finished the look with two coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara, $20.
Post a Comment