Fashion Week is always a great time to be a New Yorker. Our friends at Shiseido invited us back stage at the Band of Outsiders Fall 2012 Runway Show to hang with Dick Page, Shiseido’s Artistic Director, as he worked his magic to get the models runway ready.
We captured the entire experience for your enjoyment, check it out:
*Note: We used the music from the show, the Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone in our Sizzle Reel
Inner cowgirls, rejoice! This look was inspired by the Fall 2012 Band of Outsiders Collection, which paid indirect homage to the “spaghetti Western” genre. Backstage, Dick Page went for a lived-in, "nothingy" look with the makeup. The result? A Boy-Girl look with muted lips and Girl-Girl with a just-bitten hint of red, all complemented by a sun-kissed face that showed structure without being "graphic" and set off the toasty Southwestern, spice-hued textiles. Pure, Mesa-born simplicity.
The Band of Outsiders face featured a matte-luminous finish as a starting point for bronzing and shimmer in what Dick called the “sun-soaked zone.”
- Dick moisturized the face using Shiseido The Skincare Multi-Energizing Cream and evened skin tone with a wash of the new Shiseido Makeup Radiant Lifting Foundation SPF17 (launching Fall 2012).
- Shiseido Makeup Bronzer was applied on the forehead, upper cheekbones and chin.
- Dick then applied a combination of Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Color in Soft Beam Gold (BE206) and High Beam White (WT905), followed by a blend of Soft Beam Gold mixed with loose translucent powder.
- Using a large powder brush, Dick combined the Luminizing Satin Face Color in Soft Beam Gold (BE206) and the Bronzer in Light (1) and applied the combo to the center of the cheek, blending across the bridge of the nose, along the forehead, and dusting a bit on the chin.
A strong, earthy brow anchored the eye look, while subtle highlighting on the lid and the absence of mascara let eyes shine.
- Dick darkened and defined brows by working a blend of Shiseido Makeup Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Meadow (BE204), Caviar (BK912) and Leather (BR306) into brows.
- Boy-Girl: Using Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Color in High Beam White (WT905), Dick created a wedge shape at the inner corner of the eye, then blended and diffused.
- Girl-Girl: Blending Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Color in Soft Beam Gold (BE206) together with High Beam White (WT905), Dick targeted the inner corner of the eye and just under the arch of the brow, which created white/gold highlights around the eyes.
With a stronger focus on skin and brows, Dick “erased” the lips with foundation and created two neutral looks.
- Boy-Girl: Shiseido Makeup Luminizing Satin Face Color in High Beam White (WT905) was applied along the cupid's bow and the edge of the upper lip line. Shiseido Benefiance Full Correction Lip Treatment was reapplied and then blotted for a colorless look.
- Girl-Girl: Dick lined the inner part of the lower lip with Shiseido Makeup Lacquer Rouge in Nocturn (RD607, launching Fall 2012) to create the slightest trace of "just bitten" color.