We live in a digital world, but hair frizz is proof that the virtual cannot trump reality. In a recent study L’Oréal Paris found that frizz is currently one of the top tweeted hair concerns among women in the U.S.
From January through the end of June, there were 171,892 total tweets related to hair care issues including frizz, dry hair, fragile/thinning hair, color-treated hair and general damage – and among this set, 43% of mentions (74K) were about frizz. That number rises to 47% when looking at the month of June alone.
SAY FAREWELL TO FRIZZ
L’Oréal Paris teamed up with Polly Blitzer, TV style expert, former InStyle beauty editor and founder of BeautyBlitz.com, to get her tips for tackling frizz head on and styling hair when the humidity hits:
“Whether you like yours fishtail, Grecian or inverted on the hairline, you’re bound to be braided all summer long. These sizzling hot trends, from side-plaited to intricately woven, require your hair to be silky, glossy and healthy.”
“L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum and Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight Crème work in tandem to keep your hair frizz-free for 72 hours. They polish the hair, lock in shine and give any hint of unruly hair behavior the heave-ho.”
Got burning hair care questions? Just tweet @LOrealParisUSA and get some sage salvation (use #AskHairGenius).
GET THE LOOK
Celebrities have been rocking the braided hair trend all summer long. L’Oréal Paris Consulting Hair Expert Johnny Lavoy shares how to steal the “double dutch” style braid like the one Maria Menounos’ recently debuted.
- STEP 1: Create a center part from the front of the head to the nape of the neck. Clip each section.
- STEP 2: Create two cornrow braids down each side of the head. A cornrow braid is similar to a French braid except you braid underhand vs. overhand.
- STEP 3: Once you get to the nape with each braid, leave the remaining hair unbraided and secure with elastics.
- STEP 4: Using the remaining hair, create a fishtail braid by using two sections rather than three like a traditional braid. To create it, pick up a small section of hair from one side and pass it over to the opposite side and then repeat going back and forth. The hair should go OVER the left section and finish UNDER the right section.
- STEP 5: Secure the fishtail with an elastic and finish the look with a spritz of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray.