The best feature you can send down the catwalk is cosmetic consistency. Dependable glamour is how fashion designer extraordinaire, Malan Brenton accessorized his models for his latest Fashion Week runway show. From hair to nails, Brenton oversaw every detail to achieve a flawless look that complimented his collection.
Malan Breton’s fashion represented a fusion of the classic, “Saville Row” silhouettes of 1960s British pop superstars and the decadent romantic fashions featured in Wong Kar Wai’s critically acclaimed film, “In the Mood for Love.”
Lead hairstylist, Jose Perales, Creative Director of Babyliss Pro, utilized the world’s first fully automatic professional curl machine, the Babyliss Pro MiraCurl, to create a structured yet feminine hairstyle to complement Breton’s designs.
The look was alluring, and easy to recreate at home. Check it out:
1. Begin by dividing hair into three sections - left, right and middle.
2. Curl large sections of the hair - 1 ¼ inch or greater – away from the face, using a large barrel curling iron. Pin in place to set.
3. Next, begin curling small 1 inch sections of hair using the Babyliss Pro MiraCurl. Starting on the right side, curl hair using the tool’s setting fixed on left rotation. Repeat on the left side, with the tool’s setting fixed on right rotation. This will ensure that curls angle towards the face. Pin each curl to set, and then blow dry the hair using a diffuser, on a cool setting.
4. Leaving the middle section of hair pinned, brush out the right and left side curls using a bristled brush. Start at the root and work down to the ends. Perales recommends using a hairspray, such as Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray, while brushing to eliminate frizz.
5. Move on to the middle section, releasing it from the pins. Beginning in the back, working toward the front, tease each curl with a bristle brush at the root to create the illusion of thicker hair with more volume.
6. Lastly, brush the middle section back and secure with Babyliss Pro MiraCurl Hair Spray.
At Malan Breton, manicures inspired by sapphires set in platinum were created using Rhythm And Blues silhouetted in Chain Reaction on elegant almond-shaped nails.
Morgan Taylor is a prestige professional lacquer collection of 100 shades that debuted worldwide in May 2013. It is sold exclusively in salons, retail price is $8.50 per bottle. For salon locations visit www.MorganTaylorLacquer.com
Post a Comment