We are excited to bring you the back stage beauty breakdown from one of our favorite shows of the season, Jill Stuart. The inspiration for the hair look was irregular beauty that’s unimpressionable, untamable and easy.
We caught up with James Pecis (@jamespecis), the icon behind the look, to give you the play by play about how to recreate the look at home. He shared that, “the spirit of the clothing is translated into the hair with a side part of the left, held in place behind the ear. Hair has a natural-looking texture throughout.”
1) Prep dry hair from root to end with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray, saturating the roots
2) Blow dry hair using the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i while using a vent brush and the PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray to give it a voluminous, yet dry and natural texture
3) Part hair on the left side, brushing it away from the face during the blow dry to ‘set’ the direction of the hair
4) On the right side, brush hair down over the face (swooped to the side, but not tucked behind the ear).
5) Once hair is parted, go through section by section using the T3 BodyWaver Large Barrel Styling Iron, bending hair on each section in different directions so it looks natural and not too “done.” The goal is for the hair to look like it’s never been curled at all.
6) To secure the side part on the left, create a tiny braid behind the ear. Work PHYTO Matte Texturizing Paste into the roots of the hair and throughout the braid with fingers to keep it in place.
For more backstage coverage, check out #BComFrontRow or follow @BeautyDotCom